For those interested in the history of anime, check out the above blog. Following the history of anime year by year in chronological order, from serialized anime’s inception in 1953, the blog features a different author for each year. Coming from a great variety of backgrounds, each participant looks at their year from a different perspective, from focusing on larger historical context, to technology, to the experience of watching these shows as children. This blog therefore is not just an examination of anime from the past year, but of its fandom, and of the experience of going from the position of fan to that of historian or perhaps archivist.
- Viewing Bunraku through the Lens of Anime
- The Golden Ani-Versary: 50 years of anime, blog style
- The Morality of Blind Pursuit in Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below
- Shinkai’s Portrayal of Strength in Loneliness in Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below
- Water in Miyazaki’s Mizugumo Monmon
kagayakusekai on Layers of Fantastic Reality in… kagayakusekai on Reflections and Refractions of… ghostlightning on Reflections and Refractions of… kagayakusekai on Reflections and Refractions of… ghostlightning on Reflections and Refractions of…